Period revolutionary Dr. Lara Briden is setting the record straight about periods, helping you understand why your period is your fifth vital sign.
Click below to listen to this episode right here on the blog (no app needed)
Or, listen on your favorite app:
When you subscribe to Harder to Kill Radio, you help new people discover the show. And it means the podcast will automatically show up in your app of choice every time a new episode is released on Tuesdays.
Links & Resources:
- Episode 89 transcript
- Her website
- Dr. Briden’s book, The Period Repair Manual: Natural Treatments for Better Hormones and Better Periods
- Her article, Rescue Prescription for Menopause and Perimenopause
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility for fertility awareness method
- Daysy fertility tracker
- One Condoms
Now, let’s meet this week’s guest…
About Dr. Briden:
Dr. Briden first worked as a researcher and evolutionary biologist at the University of Calgary. She then went on to graduate as a naturopathic doctor from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) in Toronto.
Her love of science and the natural world has informed the way she works with patients. She views the body as a logical, regenerative system that knows what to do when it’s given the right support. And she’s seen that principle in action with thousands of patients over her more than twenty years of clinical practice. It’s taught her something very simple:
- Period problems respond incredibly well to nutrition and other natural treatments.
- Hormonal birth control is NOT the only option. There are much better options for women’s health.
Her mission is to bring that message to women everywhere. To empower women to have the easy, symptomless periods that she knows to be possible and to join the worldwide “period revolution.”
Her blog is her forum to keep abreast of current research into hormonal health and to deliver that information to you. It’s also your forum to ask her questions and to help her to communicate things as clearly and simply as possible. (Because women’s health is not as complicated or mysterious as it has been made out to be!)
Listen to Similar Episodes:
- Let’s Talk About Hormones with Dr. Lara Briden
- Women Are Not Small Men with Dr. Stacy Sims
- Not Your Average Physician with Dr. Jolene Brighten
Thanks for Listening…You’re Rad
If you liked this episode, share it with friends and family. We need your help in getting the word out!
Please subscribe and leave a review for Harder to Kill Radio in iTunes. When you rate and review the show, it really helps others discover the podcast, and I am so grateful for your kind words.