On this week’s episode of Harder to Kill Radio, meet Shane Farmer, the founder of Dark Horse Rowing.
Meet Episode 53’s Guest, Shane Farmer
Shane Farmer and I first met in 2010 at an athletic certification in the field house at USD. Immediately, he stood out because of his height but also because of his passion for rowing.
As the next couple years went by, I found myself training at CrossFit Invictus in downtown San Diego. It turned out that Shane was one of the coaches there. He taught me a lot about how to be a more efficient athlete. Over the years, we also watched each other begin to sprout as budding entrepreneurs.
It’s been really cool to see where Shane has taken his own business. (Spoiler: He’s tried a variety of things but has settled on where his talents and passions overlap.) In many ways, we’ve walked a parallel path and experienced the same struggles.
In this episode, Shane shares his perspective on making “the leap” into doing something you love and following your dreams. Plus, there’s a great segment about how you can improve your rowing technique, even if you’re a beginner.
Be sure to grab his Free 5 Days to Better Rowing Guide, too.
[bctt tweet=”We all long for a sense of belonging. [email protected]”]
In This Episode of Harder to Kill Radio, You’ll Learn:
- Shane’s superhero origin story, including his unlikely path to rowing
- How the power of habit and finding the thing that lights your fire can cause a domino effect in your life
- What it was like to reach the pinnacle of athletic performance
- Shane’s insight about pursuing what you’re passionate about
- Why Shane started coaching and what he learned about it later
- Advice for reframing the situation you’re in if you’re unhappy
- Shane’s top 3 tips for rowing that will boost your confidence and efficiency
[bctt tweet=”You just have to take action. [email protected]”]
Links & Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Shane’s website
- Shane’s Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Free 5 Days to Better Rowing Guide
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- I Don’t Know What I Want, But I Know It’s Not This by Julie Jansen
Sweet! Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback to share? Leave a note in the comment section below.
If you liked this episode, please share it via the social media buttons on the left side of the post.
I’d so appreciate if you take a moment to subscribe and leave a review for Harder to Kill Radio in iTunes! When you rate and review the show, it really helps others discover Harder to Kill Radio, and I am so grateful for your feedback.
Shane’s photo courtesy of: Caragh Camera
Pin these images from Harder to Kill Radio for later: