Ask strongwoman competitor Stacy Toth what picking up odd-sized, heavy objects means to her, and she’ll say, “Strength training allowed me to…appreciate…my body for what it can do.”
Just a few years ago, Stacy’s health was in a very different place and getting off the couch was a feat in and of itself.
However, she discovered strength training back in 2013—and later, the sport of strongman—and hasn’t looked back. She declares, quite poignantly, that surrounding herself with a community that’s been supportive of her goals has made all the difference, and the confidence she’s gained from strongwoman has bled into numerous other aspects of her life.
But make no mistake, Stacy isn’t just a dedicated athlete; she’s also a mom, wife and business owner. Her advice and perspective on how to get your family on track with healthier eating and lifestyle changes is not to be missed.
In This Episode of Harder to Kill Radio, You’ll Learn:
- Why Stacy shifted her focus from CrossFit to strongwoman
- Her advice for folks who want to start strength training but don’t know where to start
- The power of community in sticking to your training and reaching your goal
- How she describes the meaning behind personal records
- How her training influences other aspects of her life
- Stacy’s best advice for parents trying to help their family make healthy changes
- Her strategies for helping kids learn to make good choices
- Which healthy lifestyle factors her family is focusing on
Links & Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Stacy’s website, Paleo Parents
- Stacy’s Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
- Her podcasts Strong Woman Radio and The Paleo View
- Starting Strongman
- Watch this episode of Harder to Kill Radio on YouTube below
Sweet! Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback to share? Leave a note in the comment section below.
If you liked this episode, please share it via the social media buttons on the left side of the post.
I’d so appreciate if you take a moment to subscribe and leave a review for Harder to Kill Radio in iTunes! When you rate and review the show, it really helps others discover Harder to Kill Radio, and I am so grateful for your feedback.
Join me next week for Episode 20 for my interview with a good friend whose journey from sickness to healing to health using real food is nothing short of miraculous.
Pin these for later: