Watermelon Mojito Salad recipe is perfect for a summer picnic! It’s one of my most loved recipes of all time.
Why This Watermelon Salad is Perfect for Summer
Its bright flavors of sweet watermelon, crisp cucumber, fresh mint, and tangy lime will have your taste buds doing a dance.
Plus, this one is simple enough to scale up and bring to a large get-together or barbecue.
I love this Watermelon Mojito Salad because it keeps well in warm weather situations, and it’s just savory enough to bring as a side dish.
Can You Make This Watermelon Salad Ahead of Time?
Totally! If you want to make this ahead of time, I recommend chopping up the watermelon, cucumber, and lime but keeping the dressing separate. When you’re ready to serve, add the dressing and toss. That way, the cucumber won’t get soggy.
Wondering the easiest way to cut up a watermelon? See this easy tutorial.
What To Serve This Watermelon Mojito Salad With
If you want ideas for serving to make this a complete meal, try pairing this Watermelon Mojito Salad with one of these proteins:
Recently, I gave this salad a facelift and photographed it all over again to really help the ingredients shine.
Serving it in Mason jars with long spoons seemed like the perfect way to serve this relaxed warm-weather dish.
Watermelon Mojito Salad Recipe
This Watermelon Mojito Salad recipe is perfect for a summer picnic and is full of fresh flavors like watermelon, cucumber, mint and lime! It's paleo, gluten-free, and whole30 friendly. Grab the recipe today and add some chill to a hot summer day.
- 3 cups watermelon seedless, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups cucumber peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves thinly sliced
- Zest from two limes
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice about 2 limes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Cut the rind off the watermelon and cut into medium-sized cubes (about ½-inch).
- Peel the cucumber, if you prefer, and cut into similar sized cubes.
- Slice the mint leaves thinly. To chiffonade, stack the leaves on top of each other. Roll them up lengthwise into a bundle, then thinly slice.
- Combine these ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl or a small jar, combine the lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir (or shake) well to combine. Pour over the watermelon and cucumber and stir well.
My recipes are all in a meal planner. Check it out!
Love this Watermelon Mojito Salad? Leave a rating and comment below. I’d love to hear from you.
Pin this Watermelon Mojito Salad recipe for later!