I’m so excited to share this recipe for Smoked Salmon Egg Bake with you.
It’s another sneak peek from The Performance Paleo Cookbook which releases to the world in just a bit over a week!
I know how important previews can be, especially when there are so many new books are coming out. You want to pick the one that’s right for you. That’s why I’ll be sharing five recipes from Performance Paleo Cookbook so you can try before you buy! With the New Year coming soon, I’m confident this is the best cookbook out there to support your commitment to exercise / training…because we all know you can’t out-train a poor diet.
Without further ado…
Smoked Salmon Egg Bake
Portable pre-workout protein with a smoked salmon twist
With their protein and healthy fat profile, eggs make a fantastic pre-workout food. They’re rich in essential nutrients like vitamin D, choline and folate and are a relatively inexpensive way to incorporate more protein into your diet. In this recipe, I bumped up the veggie content with the zucchini and green onions. Cut into squares, and take them with you on the go!
Smoked Salmon Egg Bake Recipe
- 1 tsp + 1 tbsp 15 mL coconut oil
- 1 lb 454 g zucchini, shredded
- 3 green onions 2 oz [57 g], white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 8 large eggs beaten
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 4 oz 113 g smoked salmon, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/177°C and grease an 8-inch x 8-inch/20-centimeter x 20-centimeter baking dish with 1 teaspoon coconut oil.
- Now sweat the zucchini and green onions. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then add 1 tablespoon/15 milliliters coconut oil. Add the zucchini, green onions, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until the veggies are wilted and lightly browned. You want most of the moisture to cook off, about 6 to 8 minutes. Let the mixture cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the eggs together with the dill, then mix in the smoked salmon. When the zucchini and green onions are cool, add them to the eggs and stir until everything is well combined. Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the center is set and not liquid.
Order Performance Paleo through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iTunes, Google Play or IndieBound!
Pin this Smoked Salmon Egg Bake recipe for later!