Steph’s note: I’m really chuffed to introduce you to my guest bloggers Emma and Carla, the dynamic sister duo behind The Merrymaker Sisters! These two creative minds come up with all sorts of amazing Paleo food, both savory and sweet. Emma and Carla are well-known in the Australian Paleo world, and I know you’ll love what they’re doing down under. Definitely check out their site and social media for lots of great inspiration. Take it away, ladies!
- 6 boneless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup (237 mL) canned pumpkin puree
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup (118 mL) water
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon (3 g) turmeric
- 1/2 Tablespoon (3 g) paprika
- 1 teaspoon (0.6 g) red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) cumin
- In a large saucepan over high heat, melt the ghee. Add the onion and spices and sauté.
- Add the chicken and cook until the sides have just turned white.
- Turn down the heat to low and add the pureed pumpkin and water. Stir until combined and then cover and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- At the 10 minute mark, add the zucchini and mushrooms.
- Serve with a dollop of coconut cream, fresh cilantro / coriander and a side of cauli rice! Make sure you make enough for leftovers! Curries are always better the next day right?!