Steph’s note: I’m really chuffed to be featuring Lexi from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen on the blog today! I first noticed her drool-worthy recipes on Instagram, and her dishes are really approachable and simple. Lexi specializes in gluten-free, dairy-free and Paleo recipes that are packed with nutrient-dense ingredients.
I love egg salad. Also on the list of things that I love are: avocados, tomatoes, bacon, and scallions, to name a few. This is the absolute perfect lunch.
For one, it combines all of those favorite things listed.
And two, it is packed with protein and healthy fats to fill you up throughout the day, while being super simple to throw together!
This recipe replaces the standard mayonnaise that is ordinarily in egg salad with avocado. It is perfectly creamy and full of flavor!
Avocado BLT Egg Salad Recipe
- Make your hard-boiled eggs. Once done, peel, set aside in the refrigerator and let cool.
- While they are cooking, make bacon using you desired method and cook until crispy.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, avocado, garlic and salt; smash with a fork until combined.
- Add in bacon pieces, tomatoes and scallions. Mix well.
- Taste and add additional salt and ground garlic as desired. Serve over fresh spinach or lettuce or in lettuce wraps!