Paleo meatballs, Asian-style!
These are super easy, have just five ingredients and are Whole30-friendly.
Feel free to dress these up with your favorite dipping sauce or serve alongside a salad—like my Green Papaya Salad—for a complete meal.
To feed a really hungry crowd or for leftovers throughout the week, double or triple the batch.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 green onions, very thinly sliced (dark green tops excluded)
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Combine the pork, green onions, coconut aminos, sesame oil, ginger, and fish sauce in a medium bowl. Mix until everything is combined but not over-mixed because that will make the meat tough.
- Rolls the meat into balls. I used roughly a heaping tablespoon of meat per ball. Before cooking all the meat, I like to heat a tiny amount and check for flavor. If it needs more salt, add sea salt to suit your tastes before you go on.
- Arrange the meatballs on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!