Gingerbread Spiced Butter Coffee is a warm, comforting cup of holiday flavor…sort of like eating a gingerbread man, but without the gluten bomb in your gut.
You can make your coffee using your preferred method, and I’ve got a few ideas below for different ways to incorporate the gingerbread spice into your next cup.
Curious about exactly what butter coffee is and why it’s so good? Read my post here.
If you’re looking for DIY gift ideas for the holidays, make up a large batch of gingerbread spice mix, and put it in a fancy jar with a beautiful label (see more ideas for DIY spice mixes here).
Even better would be to print out this recipe (or maybe the one for my Breakfast Sausage Scotch Eggs).
Change It Up
- Prepare the coffee according to step 1. Instead of adding butter and coconut oil, add coconut milk, almond milk or grass-fed heavy cream (if it agrees with you). Or, if black coffee’s your thing, drink as is.
- Make it a gingerbread spiced latte by brewing espresso, combining with steamed or heated coconut milk, then sprinkling with some of the spice mix.
- Use chai tea instead of coffee or a gingerbread spiced chai.
Gingerbread Spiced Butter Coffee Recipe
- 1 tsp gingerbread spice mix* per 2 rounded tbsp coffee grounds
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or MCT oil
- Raw honey or maple syrup, optional
- Vital Proteins Grass-Fed Collagen, optional
- Sprinkle the gingerbread spice mix into the coffee grounds. Brew the coffee using your preferred method. (I use a French press but any preparation will do.)
- Pour hot coffee into a blender. Add the grass-fed butter and coconut oil, plus any extras like honey and collagen.
- Blend for 30 seconds until frothy and creamy. (Be careful when using a blender with hot liquids!) You could also use an immersion blender or just melt the butter and oil on top of your hot coffee, but I don’t prefer it that way…it ends up like an oil slick. If that’s your thing though, that’s okay.
- Sprinkle with extra gingerbread spice, if desired.
Pin this Gingerbread Spiced Coffee for later!