Posted by https://www.stupideasypaleo.com/2013/08/03/paleo-coconut-chili-lime-shrimp/
© 2013 Stupid Easy Paleo. All rights reserved.
Paleo Coconut Chili Lime Shrimp
- 1 lb. raw shrimp
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- Zest of 3 limes
- 1.5 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 egg
- Coconut oil
- Clean, shell and devein the shrimp (if needed).
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the shredded coconut, coconut flour, lime zest and chili powder.
- In a small bowl, crack the egg and beat it.
- Dredge the shrimp in the egg, allow the excess to drip off, then gently dredge in the dry coating mixture.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt some coconut oil until very hot (but not smoking).
- Fry the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side without overcrowding the pan. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess moisture.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with a pinch of sea salt and eat while hot. Squeeze lime juice over the top for more lime flavor.
Loading nutrition data...