I’ve taken a liking to making what I call breakfast salad. It’s usually a mash up of different mildly flavored veggies or leftover fruit that’s in my fridge, and the exact ingredients are always different. Sneaking in more veggies is something I’m always trying to do, and this cold salad served in the morning is a good way to do that. You could easily prep this the night before to save time in the a.m. Easily doubles for two servings.
- 1/2 an orange, segmented or cut into supremes
- 1/2 a black plum, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup of jicama, cubed
- 1/2 an avocado, chopped
- 1Tablespoon chopped mint or parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the veggies, fruit and herbs in a medium-sized bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon juice on top.
- Gently stir to combine all the flavors. If you’re preparing other breakfast items like eggs, make the salad first so it has time to sit and let the flavors marry a bit.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.