Sweet potatoes and avocado don’t normally sound like a perfect match, do they? Well, guess again!
It’s not a rarity these days for folks to throw recipe ideas my way and ask me to bring them to life. This one’s no different! The concept for this super simple dish came from a CrossFit buddy, Justin. I’d never thought of combining these ingredients together so I was pretty pleased / surprised with how it came out. If you use sweet potato as a post-workout source of carbohydrate, you may want to save this tasty mash for a different meal since the fat from the avocado will slow digestion / absorption of the carbs.
- 1 large roasted** sweet potato, skin removed
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.
- Let it rip! You may need to scrape down the bowl at least once so that there are no chunks remaining (I mean, unless you like that sort of thing).
- I dipped crispy bacon into mine almost like it was dip (mmmm!) but consumption with a spoon is just as practical.
- *If the sweet potatoes are roasted ahead of time.
- **Bonus tip: Roasted sweet potatoes are easy to make in advance and keep throughout the week for quick additions to meals. To roast the perfect sweet potato, set the oven to 425°F (~220°C). Line a baking sheet with foil. Place washed sweet potatoes on the tray. Roast for ~45 minutes (depends on how big they are…size, uh, matters), flipping upside down once during cooking. If you let them COOL completely, the skin should easily peel off. If you’re in a hurry and have asbestos fingers, you can go for the hot-peel method but it’s not pleasant!