Posted by https://www.stupideasypaleo.com/2013/02/02/superbowl-bites-pineapple-bacon-poppers/
© 2013 Stupid Easy Paleo. All rights reserved.
Super Bowl Bites: Pineapple Bacon Poppers
- 1/2 of a fresh pineapple
- 6-8 mini bell peppers (or 1-2 medium bell peppers – red, yellow or orange are sweetest)
- 6 slices of bacon (I like Applegate Farms or Nieman Ranch)
- Smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 375F (190C). Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Peel and core the pineapple. Cut into moderately-sized chunks (take half the pineapple and cut it into quarters, then chunk).
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and scoop out the seeds. Cut the peppers into pieces that are roughly the same size as the pineapple chunks.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise to get 4 strips (or you could wrap half a piece of bacon around if you prefer a meatier bite).
- Wrap the bacon around (ends at the bottom) and secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange the yummy bacon morsels on the baking sheet and dust with smoked paprika.
- Bake for 25 min or until the bacon is crispy and the peppers are softened.
Loading nutrition data...