Oven-Baked Meatballs are super simple to make. Put them in your weekly meal prep routine!
Baking these Easy Oven-Baked Meatballs instead of pan-frying them frees you up to do the rest of your food prep or other tasks.
Yes, You Can Make Meatballs Without Breadcrumbs!
One thing that surprises many people when they go gluten-free is that meatballs come out perfectly without adding breadcrumbs. Give it a shot, and you’ll see that no extra binder – no egg or breadcrumbs – is even necessary.
Try varying the type of ground meat or go with what’s available. I made them with ground pork because it was on sale. However, I’ve made these Oven-Baked Meatballs with chicken, beef, and even ground lamb. All come out equally delicious.
What Can You Serve These Oven-Baked Meatballs With?
Try these sides and sauces from the archives:
- Paleo Sweet Potato Fries
- Strawberry Avocado Summer Salad
- Beet, Carrot & Apple Salad
- Chimichurri Sauce
- Paleo Chipotle Lime Mayo
These meatballs are so versatile, they can pair with almost anything so use your imagination.
I made a double batch which yields about 24 meatballs.
Can You Freeze This Easy Oven-Baked Meatballs?
These freeze well after being cooked. Be sure they’re in an air tight storage bag. Better yet, vacuum seal them and they’ll last a lot longer.
Easy Oven-Baked Meatballs Recipe
Make dinner super simple with this Easy Oven-Baked Meatballs Recipe! They're Paleo, grain-free, and Whole30 friendly.
- 1 onion small, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or ghee
- 2 lb ground pork
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped (or 3 tsp dried rosemary)
- 1 tbsp dried sage
- 2 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400F. Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the onion in a tablespoon of oil until softened, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, cooked onion, rosemary, sage, coriander seed, salt, and pepper.
- Form into 2-inch balls (I use a disher so it goes faster and they’re all uniform) and arrange on sheet pan.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve these up with zucchini noodles and my Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce.
Pin this Easy Oven-Baked Meatballs Recipe for later!