These Easy Oven-Baked Meatballs are super simple to make.
Baking these Easy Oven-Baked Meatballs instead of pan-frying them frees you up to do the rest of your food prep or other tasks.
One thing that surprises many people when they go gluten-free is that meatballs come out perfectly without adding breadcrumbs. Give it a shot, and you’ll see that no extra binder – no egg or breadcrumbs – is even necessary.
Try varying the type of ground meat or go with what’s available. I made them with ground pork because it was on sale. However, I’ve made these Oven-Baked Meatballs with chicken, beef, and even ground lamb. All come out equally delicious.
Wondering what to serve these Oven-Baked Meatballs with? Try these sides and sauces from the archives:
- Will’s Yam Fries
- Strawberry Avocado Summer Salad
- Beet, Carrot & Apple Salad
- Chimichurri Sauce
- Paleo Chipotle Lime Mayo
These meatballs are so versatile, they can pair with almost anything so use your imagination.
I made a double batch which yields about 24 meatballs.
These freeze well after being cooked.
Easy Oven-Baked Meatballs Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400F (204C). Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the onion in a tablespoon of oil until softened, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, cooked onion, rosemary, sage, coriander seed, salt, and pepper.
- Form into 2-inch balls (I use a disher so it goes faster and they’re all uniform) and arrange on sheet pan.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
Pin this Easy Oven-Baked Meatballs Recipe for later!