Sometimes I have no plan when it comes to recipes, and I spend time wandering around the market until inspiration hits like “wha-bam”! This one came to me while standing in Tesco on New Year’s Eve trying to think of something clever to bring to a friend’s house later that night. You could use any other ground meat–beef, lamb, turkey or game meat–and it would be just as tasty.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C).
- Clean mushrooms, and remove the stems. You may want to scoop out the gills to create more space for the filling. Chop the stems.
- Prep the rest of the veggies: dice the onion, mince the garlic and ginger and chop the cilantro.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add fat of choice and then sauté the garlic and ginger for about 30 seconds. Add the onion and diced mushroom stems and cook until softened.
- Remove from the heat, put into a large bowl and let cool. Add almond flour, cilantro, salt, pepper and ground pork. Stir to combine.
- Arrange the mushroom caps on a foil-lined sheet. Make small balls out of the pork mixture and place into each cap.
- Bake for 20 minutes.