This post is all about how to bake bacon in the oven.
It’s dedicated to my friend Greg who admits to loving bacon but not making it very often because it splatters and makes a mess. If you, like Greg, are still cooking your bacon on the stove top…all I can say is, “Stop! Get that yummy pork belly in the oven!”
If you are a fan of crispy bacon strips (if you aren’t, well, I’m not sure we can be friends anymore…haha), try this next time you bring a pound home.
But Isn’t Bacon Bad…?!
Honestly, even if it was, I probably wouldn’t care because I find it delicious.
Now, you can debate the pros and cons of eating bacon if you want…my personal opinion on it is: I don’t eat a pound at a time, and I buy the best quality that I can find (which is either from 5280 Meat or US Wellness Meats or if I’m shopping at the market, something like Applegate Farms).
- A baking sheet
- A baking rack that fits over the sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F.
- Line the baking sheet with foil and place the rack on top. The rack keeps the bacon elevated which allows for even cooking on the top and the bottom and results in flat, evenly crisp bacon strips (rather than the kind where the strips curl up).
- Baking time will vary depending on the thickness of the strips, but I tend to find it takes 12-15 minutes to get to the crispiness I like.
- If you save your bacon grease, pour into a jar and save for later!