Posted by https://www.stupideasypaleo.com/2012/04/10/easy-ceviche-recipe/
© 2012 Stupid Easy Paleo. All rights reserved.
6 hrs 45 mins
- Juice of 3 limes (and zest of 1)
- Juice of 3 lemons (and zest of 1)
- Juice of 2 large red grapefruit (and zest of 1)
- 2 lb shrimp, scallops, or white fish, cleaned and chopped into small pieces
- 2 avocado, pitted and diced
- 2 mangos, pitted and diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground ancho chili or chili powder*
- 1-2 tsp ground chipotle*
- 2 handfuls cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
Combine the citrus zest and juice with the seafood in a very large glass bowl.
Cover and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours...6 hours is best. Stir a few times to ensure even "cooking."
After 4-6 hours when the seafood is no longer transparent, add the avocado, mango, tomatoes, onion, chili powder, ground chipotle, and cilantro. Stir until well combined, then add salt to taste.
For best results, refrigerate another 30 to 60 minutes to allow all the flavors to meld.
*If you can't find ground ancho chili and chipotle peppers, substitute with 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped.
Loading nutrition data...