This recipe for Paleo Pumpkin Spice Latte is dairy-free and oh so delicious…without all the fake flavorings.
You can use the spice mix in regular coffee or add it to espresso and coconut milk to make a latte-style drink!
- 2 oz freshly brewed espresso
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1-2 tbsp canned, pureed pumpkin, optional
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Splash of pure maple syrup or honey, optional
- Splash of pure vanilla extract
- Brew your espresso. If you don’t have any espresso machine, it’s okay! Make some dark french roast coffee. I do this with a French press now since I gave my espresso machine away.
- Froth the coconut milk using the steamer on your espresso machine. Again…no machine? Heat the milk on the stovetop. It just won’t be foamy or give the same consistency but will still taste amazing. Heavy cream also works well here.
- In a small container, combine the cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Shake to combine. You will only be using about ⅛ tsp per cup, so save the rest.
- Combine espresso, steamed coconut milk, 1-2 tablespoons of pumpkin, vanilla extract and ⅛ teaspoon of spice mix. Add splash of maple syrup or honey if you prefer. Stir to combine.
- Top with foam and sprinkle with a pinch of spice.
Pin this for later!